Marion Education Foundation History
Since the establishment of the Marion Education Foundation in 2002, the foundation has awarded over 110 scholarships to Marion High School graduating seniors and hundreds of mini-grants to Marion I.S.D. educators at all campuses. In addition, the foundation has funded student field trips, one-act play events, summer student library programs, elementary music program, and the elementary citizenship awards. Over a span of twelve years the foundation has contributed to all of these programs a total of $100,000.
The foundation’s main funding event is the annual “Tamale and Chili supper” held on the last Thursday of February. The foundation will hold its 12th annual supper this February at the Marion I.S.D. secondary cafeteria. The foundation does accept donations, memorials, and named scholarships funds. Please contact the foundation by letter, e-mail or by phone if you are interested in our mission. The foundation is a non-profit 501 (c) (3) and all donations are tax deductible.
- Shares a vision of enhancing education
- Works to increase private support for educational activities not funded by tax dollars
- Fosters creative approaches to education through private grants and involvement
- Awards foundation funds through a volunteer Board of Directors made up of business, community and educational leaders
Marion Education Foundation-2013-2014
- We are one of the few small school districts foundations in the surrounding counties. (Comal, Guadalupe, Wilson, Gonzales)
- We will complete a decade of service to the Marion Independent School District in 2012.
- We were founded in 2002 with an account at the Marion State Bank in the amount $25.00.
- We currently have an endowment of $40,000 in the Marion State Bank.
- We have funded over 110 senior scholarships totaling over $50,000 in the past decade.
- Since our founding we have funded over 125 teacher grants.
- In the 2012-2013 school year, we funded over 25 classroom field trips.
- Our annual “Tamale and Chili Supper” has raised over $60,000 in the past decade.
Marion Education Foundation, 210-658-8102, P.O. Box 314, Marion, Texas 78124, email@example.com
All rights reserved